Organic Psyllium Husk Powder Bulk 55 lb / 25 kg Sack
This product is currently sold out.
Botanical Name: Plantago Ovata
USDA Certified Organic - Non GMO - Kosher Certified - Steam Sterilized
This product is identical to our organic psyllium whole husk, except more finely ground (40 mesh). Both have the same uses, although if you are mixing with liquids, whole husk tends to clump less.
Psyllium husk powder is derived from the seeds of a plant commonly found in northern India. Some of the benefits associated with using psyllium husk as a dietary supplement include:
- Excellent source of soluble fiber
- Promotes regularity as well as overall digestive health
- Helps relieve constipation, and at the same time absorbs fluids to reduce diarrhea
- Increases feeling of fullness to help control food intake
- Improve cardiovascular health by decreasing blood pressure, improving lipid levels, and helping to strengthen the heart muscle
- Helps lower LDL cholesterol, or 'bad' cholesterol while increasing HDL, which is 'good' cholesterol
Psyllium is considered a very safe supplement with few side effects or cases of allergies, although it is important to note it should always be taken with a good amount of liquid to avoid any potential choking hazard. As psyllium goes in the throat it begins to expand in size, so liquids help dilute and pass it down to the stomach.
Consult with a doctor before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.