Psyllium Whole Husk Conventional Bulk 25 kg / 55 lb Sack
This product is currently sold out.
Botanical Name: Plantago Ovata
Non GMO - Kosher Certified - Steam Sterilized
Psyllium is derived from the seeds of a plant commonly found in northern India. Some of the benefits associated with using psyllium husk as a dietary supplement include:
- Excellent source of soluble fiber
- Promotes regularity as well as overall digestive health
- Helps relieve constipation, and at the same time absorbs fluids to reduce diarrhea
- Increases feeling of fullness to help control food intake
- Improve cardiovascular health by decreasing blood pressure, improving lipid levels, and helping to strengthen the heart muscle
- Helps lower LDL cholesterol, or 'bad' cholesterol while increasing HDL, which is 'good' cholesterol
Psyllium is considered a very safe supplement with few side effects or cases of allergies, although it is important to note it should always be taken with a good amount of liquid to avoid any potential choking hazard. As psyllium goes in the throat it begins to expand in size, so liquids help dilute and pass it down to the stomach.
Consult with a doctor before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.