LiveWell Imports Organic Maca Root Powder
This variant is currently sold out
Botanical Name: Lepidium meyenii
USDA Certified Organic - Non GMO - Kosher Certified - Steam Sterilized
Maca is a root vegetable native to Peru. The roots of the Maca plant have been ground up and used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. Maca provides a variety of health benefits:
- Rich in antioxidants which reduce disease-forming free radicals
- Improves energy
- Has positive psychological effects
- Shown to improve memory and learning ability
- Excellent source of fiber and protein
- Improves hormonal balance in women
- Improves fertility in men
- Excellent source of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C and iron
Maca root powder is easy to incorporate into the diet. It can be mixed in with juices and shakes, or sprinkled over cereal and oatmeal to name a few. Maca is considered very safe for both adults and children. Normal recommended dosage is around a teaspoon to a tablespoon.
Consult with a doctor before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.