LiveWell Imports Organic Bacopa Leaf Powder
This variant is currently sold out
Botanical Name: Bacopa Monnieri
USDA Certified Organic - Non GMO - Kosher Certified - Steam Sterilized
Organic bacopa powder, also referred to as water hyssop and brahmi, is native to southern and eastern India and has long been used as an herbal remedy in the practice of Ayurveda, or traditional Indian medicine. Some benefits of bacopa powder include:
- Antioxidant and cell-protective properties
- Increases cerebral blood flow
- Active compounds known as bacosides are being studied for their protective effects against neurodegeneration
- Shows evidence for improving memory in human studies
- Acts as an adaptogen to help the body adapt to stress
A common way to take powdered bacopa is mixing with hot water to make a tea, or it can be mixed with drinks and smoothies. A typical dose is about 1/2 teaspoon. It is not recommended to take bacopa on an empty stomach, as this may cause nausea or gastrointestinal discomfort in some individuals.
Consult with a doctor before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.