Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder Bulk 55 lb / 25 kg Sack
This product is currently sold out.
Botanical Name: Withania somnifera
Certified Organic - Non GMO - Kosher Certified - Steam Sterilized
Ashwagandha, also referred to as Indian Ginseng, is the common name for the Withania somnifera plant, native to India and also found in other parts of Asia. The roots of the Ashwagandha plant have been ground up and used for thousands of years in traditional Indian medicine for a variety of health benefits, supporting numerous bodily functions.
- Relieves stress and reduces anxiety and hypertension
- Boosts the immune system and helps balance the thyroid
- Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial & antioxidant properties
- Improves fertility in men
- Useful as a gentle sleep aid
- Inhibits growth of tumor cells and eases side effects of cancer treatments
- Improves athletic performance, muscle strength, and recovery
- Promotes hair and skin health, considered an "anti-aging" aid
Recommended dosage is generally around 1/2 teaspoon taken once or twice per day depending on your ailment or use. It can be taken in a variety of ways, most commonly with warm water, milk, or honey.
Pregnant women and children should not take ashwagandha. Consult with a doctor before using any dietary supplements if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.