Here is a delicious Thai Seafood Noodle Soup recipe which incorporates our Organic Turmeric Powder and Organic Ginger Powder. As always, we prefer to keep all ingredients organic whenever possible. Feel free to add or eliminate ingredients according to your personal taste!
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of organic ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons of Thai Red Curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of vegetable broth
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 medium sized carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown cane sugar
- 12 raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 6 little neck clams
- 2 limes
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper (to your personal taste)
1) Prep your vegetables and shrimp
2) Heat pot over medium heat. Coat bottom of pan with olive oil and add onion. Saute for about 2-3 minutes
3) Add bell pepper, carrots, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Saute approximately 4 minutes.
4) Add coconut milk, chicken broth, and red curry paste and bring to a light boil.
5) Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and juice of 1 lime, and salt and pepper.
6) Turn down heat to low and simmer for 15-30 minutes (or longer if time allows. There is no harm in longer simmer time as long as it's before you add your seafood).
7) Add your shrimp and clams around 15 minutes before your meal time. Simmer with lid on until shrimp are cooked and clams are open. Discard any unopened clams. At the same time, boil your noodles in a separate pot.
8) To serve; first plate your noodles in a bowl, then pour broth on top. Garnish with a generous serving of fresh cilantro and sliced lime wedges and enjoy!